The Mission of the U.S. Marshals Museum, Inc. is to form a national center of heritage and legacy, disseminate knowledge and inspire appreciation for the accomplishments of the U.S. Marshals Service.
The U.S. Marshals Museum, Inc. is an independent, non-governmental 501(c)3 organization, governed by a 20-member Board of Directors. The U.S. Marshals Museum is being designed to provide the richest of visitor experiences. Every facet will support learners of all ages in ways that are engaging, hands-on, fun and inspiring. It will bring together the most current of ideas from museum designers, architects and educators to assure that the total experience is one that will evoke conversation and memories that last for years.
- Museum plans include 20,000 square feet of exhibit space, presented in three main galleries, which highlight pivotal times in our national history;
- Specially designed teaching spaces where hands-on, discovery-based learning will take place;
- Theater experiences presenting powerful narratives through visual and audio engagement;
- Interactive exhibitions inviting deeper, personal exploration;
- Reflective spaces overlooking the Arkansas River, where visitors may rest and relax and think about their experiences;
- A Hall of Honor that will honor the bravery of fallen U.S. Marshals;
- Meeting spaces and classrooms available for school and community use;
- Beautiful plazas and gardens to extend the museum experience outside the building;
- Gallery spaces for temporary and traveling exhibits;
- Spaces for collection care and storage to maintain the one-of-a-kind collection;
- A Museum Store featuring books, gifts and keepsakes to take the museum experience home and share it with others.